Friday, March 02, 2007

 

Pinecones

I guess this brown colored text is good for pinecones. Pinecones are beautiful as you can see by the one on the right. Since we live in the midst of a pine forest, I guess we can expect to have pinecones. BUT THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS! For some reason, this spring we have an over abundance of these rascals. I don't know whether they talked to the rabbits around here or what. They just keep raining down on us. Last night we had a cold front move through here in the wee hours of the morning. We were under a tornado watch from midnight to 8:00 a.m. and the weather radio alerted at least 6 times during the night with severe thunderstorm warnings. Needless to say, we got our share of wind last night. This morning, we were greeted with a yard full of pinecones and sticks. I just cleaned them all out on Monday! Here they are back again. Oh well, It was a beautiful day with sunshine and 60 degrees, so I enjoyed the afternoon picking up pinecones.











The pictures above show before and after my afternoon activities. It cleaned up pretty decent, didn't it? Wait until tomorrow mornning! I cleaned next to the driveway, went into the house for a drink of water and when I walked back down the driveway, two more had fallen from the sky like meteors. Misery likes company and everybody that takes pride in their yard is hauling pinecones. Here's a picture of my load. We are building a mountain down at the dump. Does anybody know of any use for this quantity of pinecones? I suppose that we could burn them for heat but we don't need heat. It is warm enough outside!
One thing for sure! Picking up pinecones sure beats shovelling snow!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?